The cold and flu season has begun, but it’s not too late to prepare and prevent cold and flu from settling into your properties and your office. Here’s a quick overview of things you, as a real estate manager, can do to help fight the spread of cold and flu at your properties and in your own office.
- Provide hand sanitizer and facial tissue in public areas.
- Promote getting a flu vaccine (host/sponsor a vaccine clinic or partner with local clinics).
- Post signage in bathrooms, explaining the importance of hand washing.
- Educate residents, tenants, and employees on easy ways to prevent the spread of cold and flu
- Wash hands frequently.
- Cover sneezes and coughs with facial tissue, and throw tissue away immediately. If tissue is not available, sneeze and cough into your arm not your hands.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Eat healthy, including lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- De-stress through relaxation and exercise.
- Improve indoor air quality to ensure proper circulation and ventilation.
- Keep shared surfaces clean at all times.
- Install no-touch trash receptacles and door openers in public areas.
Also, check out these links for toolkits and more information about what you can do to help prevent the spread of cold and flu.
Centers for Disease Control: