Management Plan Skills Assessment (MPSAXM) meets the management plan requirement for the CPM. It is one of two options for meeting the requirement. The other option is to submit and receive a passing score on the Management Plan Independent (MPLIND). Both options are designed to assess your knowledge of the concepts, technical skills, and processes involved in preparing, analyzing, and completing a property management plan following IREM standards.
IMPORTANT: It is strongly recommended that you complete the CPM education requirements before completing the management plan requirement.
The Management Plan Skills Assessment is completed in a classroom setting and includes an exam component that requires responses to management scenarios based on a property type of your own choosing from the following: office building, conventional apartment, or retail strip shopping center.
The exam is completed electronically using a laptop computer that you must bring to the offering.
- Attend a CPM Capstone Track Webinar offered monthly. This live webinar led by an IREM instructor will provide the information you need to ensure the best possible exam experience. You may also access the recorded webinar.
- Download the MPSA Working Spreadsheet. You will use this spreadsheet during the exam, so reviewing in advance will help you prepare.
- You must bring a laptop computer with a power cord to the offering. The laptop must allow external files to be saved, and it must have the following software pre-loaded:
What you will learn:
- The importance of managing by plan
- Concepts, technical skills, and processes involved in preparing a management plan
- How to communicate effectively and convincingly the options and recommendations for meeting the objectives of ownership and the reasoning that leads to your final conclusions
- How to synthesize a vast range of facts and opinions into a coherent whole
Additional Resources to Help You Prepare:
- CPM Capstone Track Tutorial
- Financial Analysis Spreadsheet
- Financial Analysis Spreadsheet Webinar: Live Offering Schedule
- Financial Analysis Spreadsheet Webinar: Downloadable Recording
- HP10BII Financial Calculator Webinar
- Comparison Grid Learning Module
- Tutorials on financial analysis and other topics
- Videos on financial analysis and other topics
View the learning objectives for MPSAXM.