In Illinois, a license is required if you are an individual who administers for remuneration the financial, administrative, maintenance, or other duties for the community association. The State of IL Department of Financial and Professional Regulation recognizes IREM’s Community Association Management course (COM201) for the education requirement and the Community Association Management Exam (COMEXM) for the exam requirement.
For more information on the license requirements and an application, click here, or call the State of Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation at 1-800-560-6420. For commonly asked questions, click here.
Gain an edge in the competitive industry of common interest developments (CIDs) - including residential and office condominiums, co-ops, and planned unit developments. This course focuses specifically on the unique and complex challenges of managing in the CID market, one of the fastest growing segments in real estate management today.
What you will learn:
- Relationship Management. Evolution of common interest developments, common needs vs. individual rights, declarant/developer transition to management, owner and manager duties and responsibilities, working with boards, motivating volunteers and employees
- Governance. Governing documents, the hierarchy of documents, amending documents, parliamentary procedure, meeting processes (agendas, minutes, etc.), enforcement issues
- Legal and Risk Management. Proper disclosure, compliance issues and record retention, managing risk, insurance, IREM Code of Professional Ethics
- Financials: Accounting, budgeting, financial reports, reserve studies, special assessments, loans and collecting assessments
- Maintenance management. Maintenance systems, work orders, inspections, contractors’ negotiations, and oversight
Click here to register for the Community Association Management Exam (COMEXM).
Related Readings: Order online or use the publications order form in the Publication Catalog.
Order Now! Community Associations: A Guide to Successful Management
Stephen R. Barber, CPM and Vickie Gaskill, CPM, ARM, MPM
This is not only a must-have educational resource guide for managers of common interest developments, but it also provides solid advice and guidelines for individual members of association. Use this book to:
- Learn about the evolution of common interest developments, the different association types, and how to work with boards and members.
- Learn how to establish successful communications between all parties.
- Address everyday challenges of community association management and to deal with them effectively.
- Eliminate any question as to exactly what your management fee should be.
- Utilize marketing and communications strategies to build your management business.
- Establish or improve your accounting, staffing and maintenance practices.
Price: $47.95 Member Price:; $59.95 Regular Price: